We are required to carry out a Stock Condition Survey to all our properties. This assists us with carrying out our planned programme of works.
We carry out a variety of different works including:
- Replacing windows, kitchens or bathrooms
- Replacing heating systems
- Roof renewals
- Electrical rewiring
- Passenger lifts
- Replacing other mechanical and electrical equipment
- External Decoration (cyclical decoration)
Please note: planned works are be carried out by various contractors and the Axis repairs line may not have the relevant information to confirm who or when works are carried out. If you would like more information or you have any queries, please contact us on 0300 304 5000 option 2.
If you do not believe your property has had a Stock Condition Survey within the last 5 years, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0300 304 5000 to arrange one.
Summary of planned works carried out 2017/2018:
- £492,446 spent on external decorations
- £819k due to be completed by the end on 2018/19
- £563,352 spent on kitchen replacements
- 10 major damp works carried out
- 153 property rewires undertaken
- 19 refuse areas improved
- 188 gas boiler renewals
- £258,203 spent on bathroom replacements
- 7 roof replacements
- 19 properties insulated
- £542,776 spent on window & door replacements
- £46,731 spent on estate road repairs
- £147,981 spent on communal stairwell covering.
Carrying out your own improvements
You will need our written permission to carry out alterations or improvements to your home. If we need to discuss the alteration with you in more detail, a surveyor or Housing Officer will contact you.
Written permission should always be obtained before you carry out any alteration. Unauthorised alterations may require you to return your home to its original condition at your own cost. You can fill out an improvement application form online.