Working For Estuary
Estuary Housing Association is committed to attracting and retaining high quality and self motivated staff. We strive to make a positive impact on our customers and local communities. To achieve this we need staff that feel valued, work together effectively and are committed to performing well. Improving the way we work and strengthening the organisation is therefore hugely important to achieving this.
We place great importance on the training and continual development of our employees. All of Estuary’s training opportunities are fully funded so are of great benefit to all of our employees.
Our training programme includes:
- Mandatory Training and updates for all Care and Support Staff
- NVQ’s in Health & Social Care, Housing and Leadership & Management
- Equality and Diversity Training
- Specialist Skills Training
- IT Training
- Management Development Programmes
SHPS pension scheme
Estuary offers access to a strong and worthwhile pension scheme which all members of staff can join up to. The Social Housing Pension Scheme is administrated by the Pension Trust and is the leading UK scheme for people working in Social Housing. Currently with over 58,000 members .
Estuary Housing Association were awarded this accreditation by JobcentrePlus on the basis that it has achieved 5 commitments:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time but at least once a year, with disabled employees, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make sure these commitments work
- To review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
Current job vacancies
Click here for more information on our current job vancancies.
Find out more about working for us.
Quotes from Estuary employees - Rachel
Great employer that appreciates hard work and dedication. There are also plenty of opportunities to develop and learn new things - Rachel, Community Development Officer
Quotes from Estuary employees - Dave
In every department I work with the staff create a very focused & friendly environment - for me this makes Estuary a fantastic place to work. Dave, Network & I.T. Support Manager
Quotes from Estuary employees - Jo
I’ve worked here for 31 years and wouldn’t want to work anywhere else! – Joanne, PA to the Chief Executive