Mould And Condensation
How to avoid Condensation
1. Produce less moisture
Some ordinary daily activities produce a lot of moisture very quickly.
- Cover pans and do not leave kettles boiling.
- Dry washing outdoors on a line, or put it in the bathroom with the door closed and the window open or fan on.
- Vent any tumble dryer on the outside, unless it is the self condensing type. DIY kits are available for this.
- If you have been provided with mechanical extract fans, particularly in your bathroom or kitchen, please use the fans while using these rooms. Please keep the fans clean of any dust, dirt etc.
2. Ventilate to remove moisture
- You can ventilate your home without making draughts.
- Keep a small window ajar or a trickle ventilator open when someone is in the room.
- Ventilate kitchens and bathrooms when in use by opening the windows wider, or better still, use an electric fan.
Last updated: 08 December 2011